Do you ever notice that you were near always near a charger or always needing to borrow someone else’s phone to send a text or make a quick phone call? If so, it may be time for you to pick up a new phone to experience a better battery life. There are a few great phones currently available for purchase that offer great battery life, but if you want to grab one of the best then here are the top of the list.
- The ZenFone 3 Zoom features a massive 5,000 mAh battery, and while its Snapdragon 625 processor isn’t the fastest CPU available, it does a pretty good job managing power consumption. That means you’re unlikely to run out of juice capturing photos with the ZenFone’s dual rear cameras or its 13-MP selfie cam. You can also use your ZenFone 3 Zoom as a portable power pack, charging other devices via a reverse charging feature.
- The modular design of the Moto Z lineup lets you easily attach add-ons to your phone to expand its capabilities. You won’t need to worry about slapping an extra battery onto the back of the Moto Z Play, though: We measured nearly 14 hours of battery life on this modular phone.
- Apple’s new phone replaces the iPhone 7 Plus and improves on its battery test performance by 45 minutes — impressive since little has changed about the battery with the iPhone 8 Plus. Credit the new phone’s A11 Bionic processor, which not only boosts the iPhone 8 Plus’s performance but also seems to manage power more efficiently. That’s not the only interesting thing about the iPhone 8 Plus’s battery: the new phone also supports wireless charging, using the Qi standard.
- Samsung put a 3,500 mAh battery into the 6.2-inch S8+, which is actually smaller than the power pack inside last year’s S7 Edge. Nevertheless, the S8+ outperformed that model on our battery test by nearly an hour. Part of the credit goes to the Snapdragon 835 inside of the S8+ and its much-improved power management features.
- Aside from durability, LG didn’t forget about battery life, as the X Venture lasted more than 11 hours on our test. That’s not quite the 12:58 that the X Venture’s power-preserving sibling, the LG X Power, can endure, but it’s still among the longer-lasting smartphones have been tested recently.
There are a lot of great devices to choose from out there, but without a good battery life, you won’t be able to play games, go on social media, or even make a phone call. It’s great that more phones are coming out with these new battery features that help in enriching our technology life.